Travel Post | Lanzarote!

07:16

First of all I would like to apologise for not posting in forever, i've been so busy lately, but with christmas and new year out of the way I am going to be more dedicated to blogging!



I'm so excited to finally have the chance to upload my first ever travel post with you all! On the 26th December (Boxing day) me and my boyfriend were going on our first ever holiday together (about bloody time), setting off early at 9am to head to the airport my anxiety was at an all time high as I had not travelled via plane in a very long time...
Going through security at the airport is terrifying (even though i'm completely innocent) but all I could think about was having a breakfast lol, thank the lord my boyfriend was starving also.


After needing a bank loan in order to be able to fund an airport meal (a full English and a pot of tea cost £10) I could have cried, yet my belly was full so I was satisfied..
When boarding the plane I could feel myself shaking with both excitement and nerves, the journey to Lanzarote was only 4 hours meaning we would land at around 5pm.


The plane journey was fine and I spent most of the time reading The Girl on the Train which is one of the most gripping books I have ever read (I recommend to you all). 
When landing the plane was so close to the beach and I was in love with the sunset surroundings, the hot breeze when stepping off a plane is honestly perfection (although I was in a baby pink hoodie and Adidas leggings causing me to melt). I honestly could not wait to get to our apartment and just go exploring, such an exciting feeling.

Arriving at our apartment at around 7 (waiting for a taxi and receiving our luggage took forever) me and my boyfriend were tired and hungry, we decided to take a walk on the main strip and get something to eat. We visited a restaurant next to the seafront named Goofy's (inspired by the Disney character himself) in which I had the most amazing pizza and fries (my love for pizza is just too much). On the way back to the apartment we did a bit of supermarket shopping to get the essentials (the feeling of a sophisticated married couple was too real).

The next morning we woke up pretty early ready for the day ahead, with our apartment being self-catering we decided to eat out for breakfast as it did not cost much. We visited a really cute restaurant by the sea front where I had a full english and coffee for just 2 euros, the breakfast came with fries which was crazy for me as I've never in my life had fries for breakfast before.



After enjoying a more cheaper breakfast compared to the one previously in the airport, we spent the day going for walks and visiting the beach, we also spent time relaxing on the sun loungers near the apartment.



















For the next few days we had the same sort of routine going to the beach, relaxing by the pool etc, on the evening we would get dressed up and try some of the restaurants. We would also go out for cocktails and go to quiz nights at pubs, on one night we also played mini golf (which I was truly terrible at). 




















On one of the days we decided to go on a long walk exploring the island, we took a visit to the shops (my boyfriend had to stop me from spending all my euros in Zara) we also visited the market and the harbour which was truly beautiful.






































After spending a lot of the day walking and spending euros we relaxed in the evening and went out for a few drinks.
The next morning was New years eve and it was the first time I had spent it away from my family, in the morning I facetimed them explaining how my time had been so far. Afterwards we decided to take a visit to the beach where I spent the day determined to finish reading The Girl on the Train.

I finally finished the book and honestly it's amazing, I can not wait to see the film which i'm hoping is as brilliant as the book. Throughout the day we just relaxed as we had a very exciting night ahead of us, in the evening we went out to eat (again) then we had cocktails whilst listening to a live band. The night was very busy surrounded by lots of people celebrating, it was honestly amazing. I took a few 
photos although I had been drinking, so heres an apology for the quality haha.





















The firework photo is truly shocking (drunk photography is not a good idea guys & gals)

After spending the evening drunk on cosmopolitans, wearing silly 2017 flashing light glasses/headband and dancing around watching the fireworks for most of the evening I had a fabulous New years eve. Although I was left with regrets the next morning after the amount of cocktails I had consumed.
I took New years day very steady and spent most of the day by the pool (I was too hungover to do anything else) I also spent most of the days sleeping on the sun lounger, New years day was the last full day of our holiday before we had to catch an early morning flight (7am) back home:(

Waking up at 3am was not pleasant and I had a mix of emotions, I did not want to leave sunny Lanzarote for the wonderful British weather we were going to return to. Although I was sooooo excited to be reunited with my family and my dogs, when arriving at the airport at 4am for our 7am flight to our surprise the airport was still closed. We had to wait outside the airport for half an hour when I could have still been snoozing in bed.
When going through security I was that tired I did not feel nervous, although to my luck I had to go through a machine which resulted in me being checked and tested for god knows what. I honestly was on the verge to breakdown as a Spanish man did a test on my wrist and ankles (in which my boyfriend just stood there laughing at me).
With the all clear and being clueless to what was wrong with me I was in deep desperation for a cup of coffee.


With Burger King being closed at 6am (I can't put into words how disappointed I was when I realised it would not be open) we waited around starving until we got onto the plane. The plane ride was not as relaxed as the journey to Lanzarote as we experienced turbulence, in which resulted in me spending 8 euros on two boxes of chips for me and my boyfriend (crazy I know but we were honestly starving). We arrived back home at 11am and I would do anything to be back on holiday right now.

Hope you have all enjoyed my first ever travel post, let me know your thoughts and whether you have ever visited Lanzarote! Feel free to leave comments and link your travel posts so I can take a read..

-Hollyloux

xxx




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love reading other people's holiday posts. I'm always on the look out for new destinations to visit, so looking through people's photos and reading a bit about the location is always a good thing. Early morning flights SUCK! Going there is never a problems because you're excited, but coming home is awful. When I book out flights, I always get us a morning flight going and a evening flight coming home. Plus it's cheaper during those times (I wrote a post on this last year). I won't leave a link to my travel posts, but you're welcome to look under the "holiday" section and find the posts there.
    Love Hannah x || HannahHawes

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images